Web log

Stillborn Poems, Quotes and Funeral Readings for Babe Loss

Posted 15/03/16 in Bereavement Resources

stillborn headstone quote

This is a option of poems, readings and quotes to give condolement and back up to anyone who has lost a babe to stillbirth, miscarriage or whatever other illness. Every bit a mother, my heart breaks when I compile this list, only we take many clients who come to usa deeply bereaved and are so grateful for the information they have constitute on our blog, and I hope that this list of poems and quotes may not only provide some small amount of comfort but may too provide ideas for an epitaph or headstone quote. It is always worth waiting at to the lowest degree a year before even thinking about a memorial, and ofttimes several years will become by before you are able to confront the idea of commissioning a memorial. Exercise not feel hurried, take your time, and be kind to yourself.

Hannah Wessel

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

Helen Keller

A butterfly lights beside usa

A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam, and for a
brief moment its celebrity and beauty belong to our earth:
but then it flies once more. And though we wish it could
take stayed, we feel then lucky to have seen it.

Writer Unknown.

Wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the style, in that enchanted place on the top of the forest, a little boy and his bear will always be playing.

A.A. Milne, endmost lines of Winnie-The-Pooh

Those we have held in our artillery for a petty while, we hold in our hearts forever.

from The Prophet

When you are sorrowful look again into your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Khalil Gibran

And then go and run gratis

And so go and run free with the angels
Dance effectually the gilt clouds
For the lord has chosen you to exist with him
And we should feel nothing but proud
Although he has taken you from us
And our pain a lifetime volition terminal
Your memory will never escape united states of america
But make united states glad for the time nosotros did take
Your face will always be hidden
Deep inside our hearts
Each precious moment you lot gave us
Shall never, ever depart
And so get and run free with the angels
As they sing so tenderly
And delight be sure to tell them
To take proficient care of yous for me

Author unknown.

A moment in our arms...a lifetime in our hearts.

Family Chain

We little knew that forenoon,
God was going to call your proper noun.
In life we loved you dearly,
In decease we do the same.

It bankrupt our hearts to lose you,
You did not get alone,
For role of usa went with yous,
the day God called yous home.

You lot left us beautiful memories,
Your love is however our guide
And though we cannot encounter you,
You are always by our side.

Our family concatenation is cleaved
And zip seems the same
But as God calls u.s.a. 1 past i
The chain will link again.

Ron Tranmer

Think of Me

When you're feeling sorry or a little blue,
Expect around and you'll see I'thousand here with you

I'm the bird who soars and so high above
I'm the one who filled your heart with love

Author Unknown

Inside Our Dreams

Where do people go to when they die?
Somewhere downward below or in the sky?
'I can't be sure,' said Grandad, 'just it seems
They simply set upward home inside our dreams.'

Jeanne Willis

Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of organized religion; it is the
toll of love.

P'u - Hua Fei Hua

A flower and not a flower; of mist and yet non of mist;
At midnight she was in that location; she went equally daylight shone.
She came and for a little while was like a dream of spring,
And so, every bit morn clouds that vanish traceless,
she was gone

Po Chu - I

Each new life... No matter how fragile or brief... Forever changes the earth.

Wait for me in Rainbows

Fourth dimension for me to become now, I won't say goodbye;
Await for me in rainbows, mode up in the sky.
In the morning sunrise when all the world is new,
Merely look for me and love me, as you know I loved you.

Time for me to exit yous, I won't say goodbye;
Look for me in rainbows, high upwards in the heaven.
In the evening sunset, when all the world is through,
Just expect for me and love me, and I'll exist shut to you.

Information technology won't be forever, the day will come and so
My loving arms volition agree you, when we meet again.

Time for u.s. to part at present, we won't say adieu;
Look for me in rainbows, shining in the sky.
Every waking moment, and all your whole life through
Just look for me and love me, as you know I loved you.

Just wish me to exist near you lot,
And I'll be there with you.

Music and lyrics: Conn Bernard

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Beloved never ends.

Corinthians 13:7-viii

Heed...tin you hear it?
A heavenly choir sings.
Another little angel
Just got her set of wings.
In that location's joy and there is shouting
As she steps through heaven's gate.
They all lined upward to greet her.
All the angels celebrate.
Her eyes are shining brightly
And a grinning lights her face,
As she receives her halo
And takes her special place.
She'due south the smallest little angel
With the biggest kind of love.
She'southward wiser than an owl
And more peaceful than a dove.
And though in that location's joy in heaven,
There is sorrow down beneath.
broken hearts are crying
Since they had to let her go.
So she watches them from heaven
But she knows the time will come,
They will join their precious daughter
When their work on earth is done

Author Unknown

These are my footprints

These are my footprints, and so perfect and then pocket-sized.
These tiny footprints, never touched the ground at all.
Non ane tiny footprint, for now I have my wings.
These tiny footprints were meant for other things.
You will hear my tiny footprints, in the patter of the rain.
Gentle drops like angels tears, of joy and not from pain.
Yous volition see my tiny footprints, in each butterflies' lazy dance.
I'll let y'all know I'm with you, if you requite me just a gamble.
Yous will see my tiny footprints, in the rustle of the leaves.
I will whisper names into the wind, and telephone call each i that grieves.
Near of all, these tiny footprints, are found in mummy's heart,
'cause fifty-fifty though I'm gone now, we'll never truly part."

Writer Unknown

The mention of my child'south proper name may bring tears to my optics, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If y'all are actually my friend, let me hear the beautiful music of his name. It soothes my broken center and sings to my soul.

from On The Beach At Night

Weep not, kid,
Weep not, my darling,
With these kisses let me remove your tears,
The ravening clouds shall non long be victorious,
They shall not long possess the heaven, they devour the stars just in bogeyman,
Jupiter shall emerge, be patient, picket once again another night, the Pleiades shall sally,
They are immortal, all those stars both silverish and gold shall polish out once again,
The swell stars and the little ones shall shine out again, they endure,
The vast immortal suns and the long-indelible pensive moons shall once again shine.

Walt Whitman

If Tears Could Build A Stairway

If tears could build a stairway
And memories were a lane
Nosotros would walk correct up to Heaven
And bring you back once more

No farewell words were spoken
No fourth dimension to say cheerio
You were gone before we knew it
And only God knows why

Our hearts all the same ache in sadness
And hole-and-corner tears still flow
What information technology meant to lose you
No i will ever know

Simply know we know yous want us
To mourn for y'all no more than
To recollect all the happy times
Life still has much in store

Since y'all'll never be forgotten
We pledge to you lot today
A hallowed place within our hearts
Is where y'all'll always stay

Writer Unknown

Fingerprints

Your fingerprints are on my eye.
Fingerprints that teach me almost caring.
Fingerprints that teach me about beloved.
Fingerprints that teach me about courage.
Fingerprints that teach me near hope.
Fingerprints that bring me closer to my loved ones.
Fingerprints that bring me closer to myself.
In the time I cared for you my whole life inverse --
never to be the aforementioned once again
All this from tiny fingerprints that bear upon my heart.
You will live in my center forever - never to be forgotten.
I will ever love you lot.
Y'all are my child.

Tom Krause

Most people only dream of angels, I held 1 in my artillery

An Angel Never Dies

Don't let them say I wasn't born,
That something stopped my heart
I felt each tender squeeze you gave,
I've loved y'all from the start.

Although my body you can't hold,
It doesn't hateful I'm gone,
This world was worthy, not of me,
God chose that I motion on.

I know the pain that drowns your soul,
What yous are forced to face.
You lot have my word, I'll fill your arms,
Someday nosotros will embrace.

You'll hear that it was "meant to be,
God doesn't make mistakes,"
But that won't soften your worst blow,
Or make your heart not ache.

I'm watching over all you lot exercise,
Another child you'll comport,
Believe me when I say to you,
That I am always there.

There volition come a time, I hope you,
When y'all will hold my manus,
Stroke my face and buss my lips,
And so you'll sympathise.

Although I've never breathed your air,
Or gazed into your eyes
That doesn't mean I never "was"
An angel never dies.

Author Unknown

A One thousand thousand Times

Y'all never said I'm leaving
Yous never said good-bye
You lot were gone earlier I knew it
And only God knew why

A million times we've needed y'all,
A million times we've cried.
If dear alone could've saved yous,
You never would have died.

In life we loved you dearly,
In death nosotros love you lot still.
In our hearts y'all hold a place,
No one else will ever make full.

It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you didn't become alone.
Part of us went with you,
The day God took you home

Author Unknown

Once in a while
Children come into this world
And then special that the angels
Need these precious ones
To sing in Heaven
And light up the world from above

Author Unknown

Dear Child in Heaven

You were a approving to us all
you were a special kid.
And we're so glad God sent you
to be with us awhile.

You filled our home with happiness
and fabricated our life consummate.
The time we had with you
was far too brusque, just oh so sweetness.

Some things we don't find easy
to accept or sympathise.
Until we realize they're part of
our Creator's perfect programme.

Now it comforts us to know
you're with the angels up above.
While in our hearts nosotros concur yous close
Surrounded past our love.

Don't Cry for me

Don't cry for me now I have died, for I'm still here I'm past your side,
My body's gone merely my soul is here, delight don't shed another tear,
I am still here I'm all around, only my body lies in the footing.
I am the snowflake that kisses your olfactory organ,
I am the frost, that nips your toes.
I am the sun, bringing yous low-cal,
I am the star, shining and so bright.
I am the pelting, refreshing the globe,
I am the laughter, I am the mirth.
I am the bird, up in the sky,
I am the deject, that's drifting by.
I am the thoughts, inside your head,
While I'thousand still in that location, I can't be dead.

Author unknown

I Did Not Die

Do non stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I practice non slumber.
I am a m winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snowfall.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle fall'due south rain,
When you lot awaken in the morning'south hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Writer Unknown

I Remember You

The earth may never notice
If a rosebud doesn't blossom:
Or even break to wonder if the petals fall too soon.

But every life that ever forms,
Or e'er comes to be
Touches the World in some small way
For all eternity.

The little ones we longed for
Were swiftly here and gone.
But the love that was so planted
Is a light that nevertheless shines on.

And though our arms are empty,
Our hearts know what to practice
Every beating of my heart says
"I Remember You"

Author Unknown

Don't think of him as gone away

Don't call up of him as gone abroad,
His Journey'south just begun.
Life holds so many facets,
This earth is merely one.

Just think of him as resting,
From the sorrows and the tears,
In a identify of warmth and condolement
Where there are no days and years.

Thinking how he must be wishing
That we could know today,
How aught just our sorrows
Can actually pass away.

And retrieve of him as living
In the hearts of those he touched,
For nothing loved is always lost
And he was loved so much.

Ellen Brenneman

Love is not a thing to sympathize.

Love is not a matter to experience.
Dear is not a matter to give and receive.
Dearest is a thing only to get
And eternally be.

Sri Chinmoy

An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she close the volume… "besides beautiful for Earth"

Gaelic Approval

May the road rise upward to meet you lot.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun polish warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we run across once again,
may God agree you in the palm of His hand.

Traditional

Tiny Affections

Tiny Angel residual your wings
Sit with me for awhile.
How I long to concur your hand,
And see your tender smile.
Tiny Angel, wait at me,
I want this image clear...
That I will forget your precious face
Is my biggest fear.
Tiny Angel can you tell me,
Why you have gone away?
Y'all weren't hither for very long...
Why is information technology, you couldn't stay?
Tiny Angel shook his head,
"These things I do not know...
But I do know that you beloved me,
And that I love you and then."

Goodnight

Goodnight my dear loved ones
It was non meant to be
I am now to live my life
In a land yous tin't see

This land is very beautiful
All sunshine and no rain
Where everybody's healthy
And no one can feel pain

You see, Heaven like Earth needs children
To express joy and sing and play
To exist loved by all around them
Bringing joy to every twenty-four hours

Then now you know I'thousand happy
Growing upwards like you want me to
Delight mention my proper noun with a smile
And I'll send all my dear to y'all

Remember I'll ever be near you
For your child I'll e'er remain
So live your life knowing I intendance
And I'll be waiting when we meet again.

Author Unknown

There Is A Special Affections

There is a special Angel in Heaven
that is office of me.
Information technology is not where I wanted him
but where God wanted him to be.
He was here but merely a moment
like a nighttime time shooting star.
And though he is in Heaven
he isn't very far.
He touched the heart of many
similar only an Affections can do.
So I ship this special message
to the Sky up above.
Please take care of my Angel
and send him all my dear.

Author Unknown

You Were Taken On Angel's Wings

You were taken on angel's wings
As y'all sweetly and quietly slept
And returned to sky before we knew
That yous had fifty-fifty left

Our hearts are heavy and sorrowed
That our time with you was so brief
For you lot were our souvenir of sky's light
That is now replaced with grief

But not and then much that we won't be grateful
For every second that you lot were here
You lot filled our hearts with so much joy
Treasured memories we'll hold forever dear

And though we weren't blessed to see you grow up
We were blessed to see you smile
And to hold you lovingly in our artillery
For only a little while

Even though you're in Heaven at present
We trust you're not too far abroad
To be shut to us when we long for you nearly
For a role of our family you'll ever stay

We'll await forward to the twenty-four hours when you're with united states once more
When the happiness that has left us volition never over again part
For when you left on affections's wings
You lot took with y'all the deepest love in our hearts

Writer Unknown

God Needed You More

God Needed You More
I wanted yous and so bad,
God needed you lot more.

I tried everything
To go on y'all hither,
God needed y'all more than.

I cried and almost died,
The solar day you came,
God needed Y'all more.

It breaks my heart
I tin no longer hold you
God needed y'all more than.

We will see again, anytime,
Merely right now, God needs y'all more.
I will keep to beloved y'all,
I will grieve your loss,
I will always TRY to remember…
God needed you lot more.

Nicole Lothridge

Darling Swept Away

No stain was on her trivial heart;
Sin had not entered there;
And innocence slept sweetly on;
That stake white forehead then fair.
She was as well pure for this cold Earth;
As well beautiful to stay;
And and so God's holy angel bore;
Our darling one away.

Writer Unknown

Dearest in Every Tear

O precious, tiny, sweet piffling one
You volition always be to me.
And then perfect, pure, and innocent
Just as yous were meant to be.
We dreamed of you and of your life
And all that information technology would be.
We waited and longed for you to come up.
And join our family.
We never had the chance to play,
To laugh, to rock, to wiggle.
We long to hold you, bear on you now
And listen to yous giggle.
I'll ever be your female parent,
He'll always exist your dad.
Y'all will always be our child,
The child that we had.
But now you're gone…just nonetheless you're here
Nosotros'll sense y'all everywhere.
You are our sorrow and our joy,
In that location's beloved in every tear.
Just know our dear goes deep and stiff
We'll forget you never
The child we had, just never had
And yet will have forever!

Author Unknown

Hers was the lamb shy early spring,
the gentle bud half opening,
but now unpetalled.
The primrose smiling, the fairy ring
of laughter calorie-free about her lips.

Hers was the youth of trivial things,
warm trust in all small feathered wings
but now unfolded.
Wide-eyed as loving easily made strings
of daisies for her soft hairs crown.

Hers was springtime magic, bringing
music with pale harebells ringing
at present an elegy.
Hers the endless summertime singing
ours the wintertime of her going.

Author Unknown

We Merely Wanted You

They say memories are golden
Well maybe that is true.
We never wanted memories,
We only wanted you lot.

A million times we needed yous,
A 1000000 times nosotros have cried.
If honey lonely could take saved you lot,
You would take never died.

In life we loved you dearly,
In death we love you still.
In our heart you agree a special place,
That none will ever fill.

It broke our heart to lose you,
Just you did not go alone.
For all our love went with y'all
The twenty-four hours God called you home.

Author Unknown

The Cord

We are connected, my child and I,
by an invisible cord not seen by the eye.
It's not like the string that connects u.s.a. at birth
this cord can't exist seen by any on earth.
This cord does it's work right from the beginning
information technology binds us together attached to my heart
I know that it'south in that location though no one tin can meet
the invisible string from my kid to me.
The force of this cord it'southward difficult to depict
information technology tin't be destroyed it tin can't be denied.
It's stronger than any cord man could create
information technology withstands the examination, tin can concord whatever weight
And though you lot are gone, though you're not here with me
the string is still there but no one can see
Information technology pulls at my heart, I am hobbling...I am sore
but this cord is my lifeline as never earlier.
I'm thankful that my heart connects u.s.a. this way
a mother and child, death can't accept it away!!

from Martial Cadenza

Only this evening I saw again low in the sky
The evening star, at the beginning of winter, the star
That in spring will crown every western horizon,
Again . . . as if it came back, equally if life came dorsum,
Not in a afterward son, a different daughter, another place,
But as if evening found us young, still young,
Still walking in a present of our ain.

Wallace Stevens

The kid was a souvenir. The grief does non smother the gratitude. And death..is not the cease. We grieve, but not as those who accept no hope. Still none says that since decease is not the cease, nosotros should not grieve. Though grief does not smother promise, neither does promise smother grief.

Nicholas Wolterstorff, from This Incomplete One

On Angel'due south Wings

On Angel's Wings y'all were taken away,
But in my eye you lot volition e'er stay.
I will hear your whisper in the tallest copse,
Feel your beloved in the gentle breeze.
And when I notice I miss you the nearly,
Inside our cute memories
I volition hold you shut.
You are an affections watching over me
with the condolement and blessings you bring,
You embrace my heart and hold it close,
Forever on Affections'southward Wings

Crailin Hardy

from For the Fallen

They shall grow not old, as nosotros that are left grow old:
Age shall non weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the forenoon
Nosotros volition remember them.

Laurence Binyon

Always

We think nearly you ever,
we talk nearly y'all still,
y'all have never been forgotten,
and you never will.
Nosotros hold you close within our hearts,
and there you volition remain,
to walk with us throughout our lives
until we meet once again.

Author Unknown

Never

I'll never go to see your precious confront;
or whisper words to brand y'all experience safe
I'll never get to hold you lot tight
when you lot can't sleep at dark
I'll never get to sing to you a sweet lullaby,
to calm y'all down when you cry
I'll never get to fall asleep with you in my arms,
all bundled in a blanket to keep yous warm
I'll never get to hear you laugh and giggle
or see you lot little toes jerk
At that place are many things I will never become to practice,
but the hardest is not beingness with you lot.

K. Fugleberg

Early Death

She passed abroad similar morning dew
Earlier the sun was high;
So brief her time, she scarcely knew
The pregnant of a sigh.

Every bit round the rose its soft perfume,
Sweet love around her floated;
Admired she grew - while mortal doom
Crept on, united nations-feared, un-noted.

Love was her guardian affections here,
Just love to expiry resigned her;
Though beloved was kind, why should we fear
But holy death is kinder?

Hartley Coleridge

Don't Recollect of Them as Gone Abroad

Don't remember of them equally gone away,
Their journey has merely begun.
Life holds and so many facets,
This earth is only one.

Just think of them equally resting,
From the sorrows and the tears.
In a place of warmth and condolement,
Where there are no days or years.

Think of how they must be wishing,
That we could know today,
How cipher but our sadness
Can really pass away.

And recollect of them as living,
In the hearts of those they touched.
For zip loved is e'er lost,
And they were loved so much!

Author Unknown

Children Who Die Are Not Really Gone

Children who die are non really gone,
But go to a identify that is something similar home,
Where they slumber the deep sleep, as quiet as rock,
Until we can join them when our lives are done.

Children who die are not actually dead,
But just similar skillful children tucked into bed,
Wait the long wait while we become ahead
Till our tales are all told and our tears are all shed.

Children who dice feel no pleasure or hurting
In the identify where they wait till they see u.s. over again,
And all of us dance in a earth washed with rain
Where the sun shines so brightly no sorrows remain.

Nicholas Gordon

Also Soon

This was a life that had hardly begun
No time to find your identify in the Sun
No time to practice all you could take done
But nosotros loved you enough for a lifetime

No fourth dimension to enjoy the earth and its wealth
No time to take life down off the shelf
No time to sing the songs of yourself
Though you had enough love for a lifetime

Those who alive long endure sadness and tears
But you lot'll never endure the sorrowing years
No expose, no anger, no hatred, no fears
Just beloved - But love - In your lifetime.

Mary Yarnall

How long with the pain final?

How long will the pain last? " a broken-hearted mourner
asked me. 'All the rest of your Life.'
I have to reply truthfully.

We never quite forget. No affair how many
years pass, we call up.

The loss of a loved i is like a major functioning.
Part of united states is removed, and nosotros have a scar
for the residuum of our lives.
As years go by, we manage.

In that location are things to do, people to treat, tasks that
call for full attending.
But the pain is still in that location, not far below the surface.

We see a confront that looks familiar,
hear a vocalisation that echoes, encounter a photograph in someone's
album, see a mural that one time we saw together, and it
seems every bit though a knife were in the wound again.

Simply non so painfully
And mixed with joy likewise
Because remembering a happy time is not all sorrow
it brings happiness with information technology

How long will the hurting terminal?
All the rest of your life
But the things to recollect is that
not only the pain will last but,
the blessed memories likewise

Tears are proof of life
the more love, the more tears
If this be true, and then how could nosotros ever inquire
That pain terminate all together
For then the memory of beloved would go with it
the pain of grief is the price we pay for dear!

Megan Dugan

A Child of Mine

I'll lend y'all for a footling while
A kid of mine God said
For you to love while he lives
And mourn for when he's dead

It may be six or seven years
Or twenty ii or iii
But will you 'til I call him dorsum
Take care of him for Me

He'll bring his charms to gladden you
And should his stay be cursory
Y'all'll always have his memories
Equally a solace for your grief

I cannot promise he will stay
As all from earth return
But in that location are lessons taught down at that place
That I want this child to acquire

I've looked this whole world over
In my search for teachers true
And from the throngs that crowd life's lane
I have chosen yous

Now will you give him all your love
Nor think labour vain
Nor hate Me when I come to take
This lent child back over again?

I fancied that I heard them say
Love Lord Thy Volition be done
For all the joys Thy child will bring
The risk of grief we'll run

We'll shelter him with ternderness
We'll love him while nosotros may
And just for having loved him
Forever grateful stay

But should the angels come up for him
Much sooner than nosotros planned
We'll dauntless the biting grief that comes
And try, to understand

Edgar Guest

Fluff Upwards The Clouds

Call heaven there's an Angel
That'south coming home today.
Our hearts are pitiful and broken
Considering he couldn't stay.

Fluff up the clouds and lay him
Gently in your intendance.
Place the tiny halo
Softly in his hair.

Our arms will never hold him again
Our lips will never buss
The velvet of his cheeks again
We were non prepared for this.

In our hearts will be a tiny hole
Where always you will be.
Because nosotros loved yous so much
Our hearts will always grieve.

Author Unknown

I Exercise Not Think My Vocal Volition End

I do not think my song volition end
While flowers, grass and trees
Abound with birds and collywobbles
For I am one with these.

And I believe my phonation will sound
Upon the whispering current of air
And so long equally fifty-fifty one remains
Amidst those I call "friend."

I shall remain in hearts and minds
Of loved ones that I knew,
And in the rocks and hills and streams
Because I beloved those, too.

So long every bit dearest and promise and dreams
Abide in earth and sky,
Weep not for me, though I exist gone.
I shall non really die.

Johnny Hathcock

Little Footprints

How very softly you tiptoed into my world.
Almost silently you stayed,
but what an banner your footsteps
take left upon my heart
A heart of gold stopped chirapsia
My infant daughter's eyes at rest
God broke our hearts to prove,
He only takes the best.
God knew she had to get out us,
but she did non go lonely.
For part of us went with her,
the day He took her home.
To some she is forgotten,
to others…just the by,
but to us who loved and lost her
memories will always final.

Dorothy Ferguson

How Exercise I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43)

How exercise I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I dear thee to the depth and breadth and meridian
My soul can achieve, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and platonic Grace.
I beloved thee to the level of every day's
Most placidity need, by dominicus and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I dear thee with the passion put to apply
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but beloved thee better afterward death.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning, 1806 - 1861

Little Angels

When God calls piffling children to dwell with Him higher up,
We mortals sometimes question the wisdom of His love.
For no heartache compares with the death of one small child
Who does then much to make our world, seem wonderful and mild
Perhaps God tires of calling the aged to his fold,
Then He picks a rosebud earlier it can grow old.

God knows how much we need them, and so He takes but few
To make the land of Heaven more beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult still somehow nosotros must try,
The saddest word mankind knows will ever exist "Cheerio."
So when a footling child departs, we who are left behind
Must realize God loves children, Angels are hard to notice.

Author Unknown

from The Prelude

..whether we be immature or one-time,
Our destiny, our being's center and home,
Is with infinitude, and merely there;
With promise information technology is, promise that can never die,
Effort, and expectation, and desire,
And something evermore well-nigh to exist.

William Wordsworth

Everything Passes And Vanishes

Everything passes and vanishes;
Everything leaves its trace;
And frequently y'all meet in a stride
What yous could not encounter in a face.

William Allingham

One Person

Sometimes when i person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.

Alphonse de Lamartine

from Dombey and Son

And tin it be that in a world and so full and busy, the loss of ane weak animal makes a void in whatever heart, so wide and deep that aught only the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up!

Charles Dickens

from Romeo and Juliet

When he shall die,
Accept him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will brand the confront of heaven so fine
That all the globe will exist in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.

William Shakespeare

Ii Headed male child

Two headed boy
There is no reason to grieve
The globe that yous need is wrapped in gold silver sleeves
Left beneath Christmas copse in the snow
And I volition take yous and leave you lot lone
Watching spirals of white softly flow
Over your eyelids and all you did
Volition wait until the point when you let go

Lyrics by Neutral Milk Hotel

Holy Innocents

Sleep, lilliputian infant, sleep;
The holy Angels beloved thee,
And baby-sit thy bed, and proceed
A blessed watch in a higher place thee.
No spirit can come near
Nor evil beast to harm thee:
Sleep, sweet, devoid of fear
Where nil demand alarm thee.

The beloved which doth not sleep,
The eternal Arms around thee:
The shepherd of the sheep
In perfect honey hath institute thee.
Sleep through the holy dark,
Christ-kept from snare and sorrow,
Until thou wake to light
And honey and warmth to-morrow.

Christina Rossetti

But a little while

We were together
Only a niggling while,
And nosotros believed our beloved
Would final a thousand years.

Yakamochi

For farther epitaphs, quotes and inspiration for children'southward headstones visit this blog.

inspiration communication wording children's headstones

Subscribe to our blog